The purpose of the program is to stabilize and correct health and safety issues, accessibility deficiencies related to health and safety of the occupants, and address lead and/or asbestos removal, if applicable. This will be accomplished by correcting issues related to the Priority I Housing Systems and by addressing Priority II Accessibility concerns, as listed below, as applicable. Systems updated or replaced will be replaced with systems that promote Energy Efficiency. Repairs to homes will be determined by need and made based on priority and must fall into the Priority I or II categories listed below in order to be eligible. It should be noted that each home is different; therefore, each home will not have the same repair needs:
Priority I – Housing Systems
Health and Safety Items related to the following Housing Systems:
- Electrical, wiring, fixtures;
- Heating, venting and air-conditioning;
- Roofs, porches, walls and structural load bearing walls;
- Structural Openings;
- Miscellaneous code violations in conjunction with repairs to the housing systems listed above;
- Additional items as needed including but not limited to items such as flooring covering, painting and drywall repairs when necessary in conjunction with repairs to the housing systems listed above and/or to correct code violations;
- Repairs needed to address lead and or/or asbestos removal; and
- Replacement of stove or refrigerator only if existing one is not operable.
Priority II – Accessibility Concerns related to Health and Safety Issues:
- Widening of doors;
- Installation of ramps;
- Roll-in showers (as space permits);
- Grab bars and permanently attached physical-assist apparatus;
- Hearing –impaired smoke detection equipment;
- Lowering of light switches; and
- Specialty plumbing fixtures.
Items not specifically listed here are not eligible repairs.