Back to news
North Gulch Area Improvements Construction Update | 2011-06-17
NASHVILLE, Tenn. - MDHA’s streetscaping project in the North Gulch Area includes overall improvements to McGavock Street and 12th Avenue South in the area between 11th and 13th Avenues South and just south of Broadway to Demonbreun Street.
Work in Progress
Phase I (West side of McGavock St. between 12th Avenue South and 13th Avenue South)
· Complete except for punch list items. Landscaping and concrete staining will be completed in the fall at the end of the project.
· Forming the ramp in the existing parking lot and pouring concrete this weekend. This work will not affect traffic or businesses.
Phase II (East side of 12th Ave. South from McGavock to Demonbreun Street)
· Additional work will be needed on the alley beside Whiskey Kitchen. In the coming weeks, the ramp will be closed to adjust the slope for a smoother transition to the new drive ramp. Efforts are underway to accomplish this work with minimal impact to businesses.
Phase III (East side of 12th Avenue South from McGavock to the alley between McDonald’s and Virago)
Phase IV (West side of 12th Avenue South from McGavock to Demonbreun)
· Crews will pour a ramp to an existing parking lot this weekend. This work should not affect traffic or businesses.
Phase V (East side of McGavock between 13th and 12th Avenues)
· The contractor will finish demolition and begin installing sidewalks the first of next week.
Projected Work for the Week of June 20
· Phase V: remaining demolition work and installing sidewalks and gutters will occur. The contractor plans to finish this phase by the end of the week, weather permitting.
· Phase VI work (West side of 12th Avenue South from McGavock to the alley between McDonald’s and Virago): demolition work is scheduled to begin Monday evening and, weather permitting, should near completion by the end of the week.
· Crews will begin trenching work across 12th Avenue South the weekend before July 4.
* All future schedules are tentative and are subject to change due to inclement weather or existing conditions. *