Back to news
North Gulch Improvements Construction Update | 2011-06-03
NASHVILLE, Tenn. - MDHA’s streetscaping project in the North Gulch Area includes overall improvements to McGavock Street and 12th Avenue South in the area between 11th and 13th Avenues South and just south of Broadway to Demonbreun Street. The project is approximately 25% complete.
Work in Progress
Phase I (West side of McGavock St. between 12th Avenue South and 13th Avenue South)
· Complete. Landscaping and concrete staining will be completed at the end of the project.
Phase II (East side of 12th Ave. South from McGavock to Demonbreun Street)
· Concrete for the ramp at 12th Avenue and McGavock was poured on Friday before lunch and is curing.
· Additional work will be needed on the alley beside Whiskey Kitchen. In the coming weeks, the ramp will be closed to adjust the slope for a smoother transition to the new drive ramp. Efforts are underway to accomplish this work with minimal impact to businesses.
Phase III (East side of 12th Avenue South from McGavock to the alley between McDonald’s and Virago)
· An ADA accessible ramp at the alley near McDonald’s has been poured.
· An ADA accessible ramp at the corner of McGavock and 12th Ave. South will be completed during a later phase due to trenching of utilities and pole removal.
Phase IV (West side of 12th Avenue South from McGavock to Demonbreun)
· Demolition of sidewalks is underway
Projected Work for the Week of June 6
· The contractor plans to finish work on Phase IV by mid-week.
· Phase V is expected to begin near the end of the week on the west side of 12th Avenue from McGavock to just south of Broadway.
* All future schedules are tentative and are subject to change due to inclement weather or existing conditions. *